I’m Temperance. Welcome to my little corner of the internet!
Since you’re here, I’m guessing you want to know something about me.
First thing’s first. This is my face.
I’m 27 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia with my best friend & DIY partner in crime, Liam. Here’s an obligatory picture of me with one of the locals:
We’re currently in the process of buying our first home (a little 1870s cottage) in a small regional city. After a decade of living in rentals, I am pretty damn excited about being able to put a nail in any wall I like.
We’ll be moving in at the end of the year and I’ll be documenting the entire process of creating a home here. Until then, I’m sharing the random stuff I’m making to decorate the future place. It’d be awesome to be able to share it with you!
Random facts about me
- I put peanut butter on practically everything.
- My ideal Friday night involves browsing Wikipedia articles while wrapped in a blanket burrito, wondering how I went from reading about the climate of Ulaanbaatar to learning about the history of the paperclip.
- I’m a huge animal lover with a soft spot for dogs and birds.
- I love playing video games. My nan got me into gaming when I was four and I haven’t stopped since.
- I can’t sing to save my life, but do I let that stop my heartfelt renditions of My Chemical Romance songs? No.
- I’ve struggled with mental illness since I was nine. I’m also chronically ill. I don’t talk about these things much, but it sometimes comes up because it’s a big part of my life. And in case you’re wondering: Yes, putting myself out there via this blog is mildly terrifying.
- I’m one of the clumsiest people you’ll ever meet. Show me a table and I’ll show you a new and exciting way to bash your shin into it.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I love flowers but I’m absolutely terrible at gardening. I’m talking “killed nine cacti” terrible.
- I can’t drive past a pile of household junk put out for collection without stopping to have a look. I love repurposing junk and fixing up old furniture.
- I’m really shy around new people, but once I get to know you I won’t shut up.
Have a beautiful day,