A pretty vintage-style Valentine’s Day card to give to that special someone in your life. Includes free SVG and printable PDF!
With Valentine’s Day a little over a month away, today I’d like to share a fun, easy-to-make handmade Valentine’s Day card. Featuring a vintage drawing of a bee, this ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day card is a cute way to let that special someone in your life know how much they mean to you.
To make construction of this DIY Valentine’s Day card nice and easy for you, I’ve included step-by-step assembly instructions along with:
- A link to the pre-prepared project on Cricut Design Space, for those with a Cricut cutting machine.
- A link to a free downloadable SVG, for those who have a different cutting machine, such as a Silhouette Cameo.
- A link to a free downloadable PDF, for those who don’t have a cutting machine and want to cut the card by hand.
I hope you enjoy making this card!
'Bee mine' VALENTINE'S DAY CARD
PS: If you’re using Chrome and get an error message when downloading the SVG file, don’t fret. The error is on Google’s end and I’m currently in contact with them about it. I’ve double checked the file and it is safe to download, but if you’d prefer to receive the file by email, please contact email@example.com
Disclosure: Some affiliate links are provided below. Learn more.
- Machine cutting: A Cricut or Silhouette Cameo + A light grip cutting mat.
- Hand cutting: Good ol’ fashioned scissors.
- An old book page
- White cardstock.
- Brown cardstock
- Foam tape. You can get tape specifically for card-making, but I just use this regular foam mounting tape because it’s cheaper and readily available.
- Double-sided tape
Instructions for assembly:
Cut out all of the pieces, either by hand or by using your cutting machine. Fold the back layer of the card in half to create a card shape.
Use double-sided tape to attach the book page rectangle to the upper-middle front of the card, like so:
Run double-sided foam tape along all four sides of the brown cardstock. Remove the foam’s backing tape. Stick the brown card stock layer on top of the base layer, like so:
Grab your top layer (the one with the ‘Bee Mine’ message on it). Repeat step 3 with the top layer of white cardstock.
Stick a small piece of foam tape to the back of your bee. Remove the backing paper and stick your bee in the middle of the card’s window, like so:
And that’s it! Your handmade ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day card is complete and ready to give to your special person 🙂