Some affiliate links are provided below. Learn more.
A Valentine’s Day card for the special someone in your life. Includes free printable PDF and SVG cut file.
After making the ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day card, I was really feeling the whole “handmade card” situation. So, as neurotic crafters like me do, I decided to make another handmade Valentine’s Day card.
Featuring a vintage world map I pulled from the British Library’s flickr account, this ‘You mean the world to me’ Valentine’s Day card is a cute way to let that special someone in your life know how much they mean to you.
To make construction nice and simple, I’ve included step-by-step assembly instructions along with:
- A link to a free downloadable SVG, for those who have a different cutting machine.
- A link to a free downloadable PDF, for those who don’t have a cutting machine and need to cut the card by hand.
‘You mean the world to me’ handmade card
Free for personal use only. Learn more.
- Machine cutting: A Cricut or Silhouette Cameo + A standard grip cutting mat.
- Hand cutting: Good ol’ fashioned scissors.
- White cardstock.
- Brown cardstock
- Foam tape. You can get tape specifically for card-making, but I just use this regular foam mounting tape because it’s cheaper and readily available.
- Double-sided tape
Cut out all of the pieces, either by hand or by using your Cricut/Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. Fold the back layer of the card in half to create a card shape.
Use double-sided tape to attach the map rectangle to the upper-middle front of the card, like so:
Grab the layer with the heart cut out. Run double-sided tape along all four sides of the rectangle. I use this double-sided tape to give my cards dimension/depth. Remove the foam tape’s backing tape. Stick the heart layer on top of the base layer, like so:
Grab your two small rectangle shapes. Use double-sided tape to tape the white rectangle to the brown rectangle. Run a strip of foam mounting tape across the back of the brown rectangle and attach it to your card:
And that’s it! Your handmade Valentine’s Day card is complete and ready to give to your special person 🙂
Save me for later